Friday, December 7, 2007

Book It!

Seriously. People need something else to complain about. When I was little, reading so many books through Book It! got you a free personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut. This is a story out of Orlando about a complaint by a mother of one of the children who was 'turned into the bad guy' because 'we don't eat at those places.' Oy. First of all, your child knows McDonald's is out there for heaven's sake. It's McDonald's! There are more McDonald's around the world than clouds. Secondly, why is your child going to public school? If you're so concerned about rewarding her, give her a carrot. It works for my dog.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Oh jeez. Poor kid! She's obviously going to grow up to be a friendless freak thanks to her weird-ass Mom. I mean, I get that McDonald's isn't the healthiest thing in the world, but as a special treat? LIVE A LITTLE.

And man, did I ever love Book-It. It's funny to remember, because back then, going out to Pizza Hut was, like, the FANCIEST DINING EXPERIENCE in the whole county. Going to the sit-down restaurant with the salad bar? I felt like the Queen of England. :)